SQF has released its updated food and quality GFSI codes.
Released on 31 March, these codes are to be implemented by 02 January 2018
Correct Food Systems is working to advise our clients about the changed structure and requirements for SQF certification.
We have prepared an initial review of changes that can be accessed here.
Notable changes are:
- 5 Food Safety Codes, to cover food safety for a range of industry sectors.
Note new SQF Food Safety Code for Retail
- Food Quality is a separate SQF Quality Code. Separate audit, non scored.
- Unannounced audit to be noted on certification
- Expansion of Corrective Action time for Major and Minor noncompliance from 14 to 30 days.
- Increased requirements for
* Food Fraud
* Corporate Suppliers
* Allergen Management
* Management Commitment