This supplement is for use with the Food Safety Program template for class 2 retail and food service businesses, No.1 version 3.
The supplement outlines the requirements, and time and temperature parameters for businesses using sous vide cooking practices.
Some of the important parameters for safe use of Sous Vide cooking, using this template are:
- Sous Vide method of cookery must be carefully monitored and controlled
- Sous Vide food temperatures must be at 55°C or above, for cooking and heating.
- Food Cooked between 55°C and 60°C must not exceed at total heating up and cooking time of longer than 6 hours
- All cooked food to be stored chilled must be cooled from 60°C to 21°C within 2 hour and from 21°C to 5°C within a further 4 hours: a total of 6 hours
- The maximum shelf life of cooked sous vide food portions must not exceed 5 days when stored at refrigerated temperatures 5°C or less.
Correct Food Systems is pleased to have been involved in the development of this industry guideline for the Department of Health Victoria.