The scope of the Metcash Approved Supplier Program will be to ensure that each supplier’s site / branch that manufactures for, and/or distributes goods to Metcash must have:
- Current certificate from a 3rd party food safety certification scheme (or other “approved vendor quality assurance” programs) according to the Metcash Supplier Certification Standard.
- Adequate Public and Products Liability Insurance coverage (at least $10M, but preferably $20M) which must be current at all times whilst supplying Metcash.
- Up to date & adequate recall / withdrawal / complaints processes & contacts for business activities.
- Adequate change control processes to ensure that any changes to the quality of the products supplied, are communicated in a timely manner to the Metcash Food Safety Department.
- Current specifications for all Metcash owned branded lines as well as any fresh proprietary lines with an intended further use in any retail fresh service department (deli, bakery, meat, produce).
A copy of the standard is available here
A copy of the Matrix Appendix 1 is available here
Correct Food Systems can assist your business to meet the requirements and ensure your business is a certified Metcash Approved Supplier.